WESTPORT–A Westport man arrested earlier this year on charges that he attempted to strangle a pregnant woman has been arrested again on similar charges.                                                                                                            

A report of screaming at a Westport home on July 31 led to the arrest of Tae Juan Foskey, 28, who allegedly was found pinning down and strangling another individual who held an order of protection against him.

Police declined to say whether it was the same alleged victim in both cases.

Also in the home during the incident were five children also listed as protected parties in orders of protection, police said.

In the recent incident, Foskey allegedly refused to let go of the victim and show his hands when ordered to by police. He allegedly continued to pin down the victim with a forearm, police said.

“Foskey then continued to physically resist officers’ attempts to handcuff and detain him,” Westport police said in a report of the arrest. “It would be learned that what began as a verbal argument was escalated into physicality by Foskey when he slapped the victim.”

Foskey was taken into custody and charged with: five counts of risk of injury to a child, seven counts of violating a criminal protective order and one count of second-degree strangulation, all felonies, plus misdemeanor charges of interfering with an officer, disorderly conduct, third-degree assault and second-degree unlawful restraint.

He is being held on $150,000 bond and is due in Superior Court in Stamford on Sept. 17. That appearance, he also will continue to address the charges from the earlier incident involving the pregnant woman which was reported on Feb. 21. In that case, he allegedly argued with her, then attacked her and threatened to kill her.

In the earlier case, he is charged with third-degree assault of a pregnant woman, third degree criminal attempt at strangulation, second-degree threatening and disorderly conduct, all misdemeanors.

He is also due in Superior Court in Bridgeport on Sept. 25 to continue facing felony and misdemeanor charges stemming from a Feb. 20 incident in Trumbull. The charges include five counts of risk of injury to a child, a felony, and misdemeanor counts of second-degree unlawful restraint, second-degree breach of peace, second-degree threatening, interfering with an officer or resisting arrest and third-degree assault.